What’s New in Optuma Version 1.2
New Features, Improved Modules, Expanded Scripting
Optuma Version 1.2 is the first major features update since the initial release of Optuma.
This update is a combination of new features, updates to existing features and bug fixes as issues are discovered.
There have been major updates to the Alerts Manager and the Back Tester. We’ve also added new charts like the Pairs & Correlation grids and Ephemeris Chart for our advanced Gann users. Of course with each update the Optuma scripting language gets more powerful and this update includes a number of new scripting functions and features (self-referencing scripts for example).
This new update will also see the release of server-based symbol lists, such as the constituent lists for the S&P500 and the industry sub-sectors, ASX200, Russell 1000, DAX Index and many more. You can add access to these as a data exchange.
The Change Log is available via Optuma Help menu will also contain a list of changes / fixes in each update.
If you have any questions please contact the support team.
New Features - Articles
- Optuma-maintained Index Symbol Lists
- Watchlist conditional colours and labels
- Script Chart
- Pairs Grid Chart
- Correlation Chart
- Print Command Line Builder
- Alert - Updated Interface - Grid View
- VIDEO: Backtesting - Additional Metrics
- Column Chart - Grid View
- Journal Publishing
- CSV Data File Editor
- New Tool - Anchored Volume-Weighted Average Price
- New Tool - Forecast Oscillator
- New Tool - NonLag Inverse Fisher Transform of RSX
- Custom Toolbar - Bar Colours
- BLOG ARTICLE: New Bar Chart Colour Scheme - Bolton-Smith
- Smart Grid option
- Additional colour options added to the group diamonds
- Adjustments to the Custom Tool Programming Module
- Adjustments to Chart Key
- Update Layout option added to Watchlists
- COT Tool - Improved Auto Detection and new display option called Disaggregated
- Currency field added to Custom Code builder
- New Command Line printing options - Breadth, Watchlist Layouts, Publish to Web
- Andrews Pitchfork - New Property - Log Adjust
- Signal Tester - Stats per Code
- Signal Tester - Compare Signal to other Signals
- External Data Fields - User-defined option added to New menu
- General Setting to enable / disable the order manager for brokers which support order entry.
- Exported Workbooks containing formula codes will auto generate those custom codes when opened on a new system not containing those codes
- New items added to the Help menu and items have been re-ordered
- Timeframe field added to the Breadth builder
- Gann Swings - New colour schemes - Trend and Unconfirmed
- Swings have new label options and the range label has been moved
- RRG - Includes Data Alert (when data isn’t up to date).
- Can now add a caption to an overlay window
- Watchlist - Timeframe Property Added
- Watchlist - Lock Column View
New EOD Data Options
- Fundamental data for Canada, Japan, China, & Hong Kong
- Equity data for Indonesia
- Trader Services clients can now add data from Quandl as one of their exchange group options.
- Script Editor - Colour coded comment lines
- Scripts Supporting Mouse Click to Set Price
- Scripting Aliases
- Scripting property variables
- Shaded Step added to Plot Style in scripting
- Show View - new property called Remove Outliers
- CHANGESINCESIGNAL() - displays the change in price (value or percentage) since a triggered signal
- ISTICKER() - allows a specific criteria to be used on a set source code only
- SECURITY() - will return the primary security of the chart.
- PARENT() - similar to the Security function but returns the source of what ever tool it is added onto.
- SELF() - allows the script to reference itself
- VERGENCE() - used to find divergence or convergence of two plots.
- BARCOUNT() - returns a bar count, and can be set to update dynamically based on how many bars are on screen.
- COUNTMATCHSINCESIGNAL() - Requires two Boolean scripts, counts the number of matches of the second script after the first script criteria is met.
- FX() - this function now returns the full OHLC information
- GETDATA() - new property added called Use Source Time frame which will allow any script using this function to change time frame automatically when the underlying chart is adjusted.