Your privacy on the Internet is of the utmost importance to us. Because we gather certain types of information about the users of Market Analyst products and services, we feel you should fully understand the terms and conditions surrounding the capture and use of that information. This privacy statement discloses what information we gather, how we use it, and how to correct or change it.
- What information this site gathers/tracks about you
- What this site does with the information it gathers/tracks
- With whom this site shares the information it gathers/tracks
- This site’s policy on correcting and updating personally identifiable information
- This site’s policy on deleting or deactivating your name from its database
- How we protect your credit card account information.
Questions regarding this statement should be directed to Market Analyst Software Client Services Department for clarification. To return to the page you came from, please use the Back button on your browser.
1. Information Market Analyst Software Gathers and Tracks
Market Analyst Software gathers two types of information about users: data that users provide through downloads; and data Market Analyst Software gathers through aggregating tracking information derived mainly by tallying page views throughout our sites and click throughs from any of our partners. Such information enables us to better tailor our content to readers’ needs and to help our advertisers better understand the demographics of our audience. Because Market Analyst Software derives revenue from advertising, providing such aggregated demographic data is essential. Market Analyst Software does not divulge information about an individual user to a third party at any time.
Market Analyst Software gathers user information in the following processes:
During the download process the user is required to supply their name, contact phone number and email address, and must answer mandatory survey questions about age, gender, income, Internet connection, zip code, country, employment status, and other employment information.
Occasionally Market Analyst Software will conduct offer interactive polls to users so they can easily share their opinions with other users and see what the Market Analyst Software audience thinks about important issues. Market Analyst Software uses a system to “tag” users after they have voted, so they can vote only once on a particular question. This tag is not correlated with information about individual users.
Users of the Market Analyst Software Registered User Forum must register separately for this services (free of charge) in order to post messages. During registration the user is required to supply a username, password, and email address.
Electronic Newsletters (Dispatches)
Market Analyst Software delivers newsletters, marketing and product offerings via email to people who have requested to be added to our Mailing list and people who have downloaded Market Analyst products. The email tracking system recognizes the URL that was clicked, and records some information about you and your computer, such as the email address that you provided to us, the browser, operating system and IP address.
Market Analyst Software also uses the feature of your browser to set a “cookie” on your system. This allows us to measure and report the click through rate on e-mails delivered and them better determine future content.
While aggregate counts of click through behavior are provided to advertisers, an advertiser will never know that a specific user clicked their ad. Market Analyst Software will not provide specific user information to any third party company.
Occasionally Market Analyst Software conducts user surveys to better target our content to our audience. We sometimes share the aggregated demographic information in these surveys with our advertisers and partners. We never share any of this information about specific individuals with any third party.
Market Analyst Software tracks user traffic patterns throughout our site.
Market Analyst Software sometimes tracks and catalogs the search terms that users enter in our Site Search, but this tracking is never associated with individual users.
If you’ve set your browser to warn you before accepting cookies, you will receive the warning message with each cookie.
You do not need to have cookies turned on to use the Market Analyst Software site. However, you the cookie will assist you by filling in information on our site that you have entered previously.
2. Use of the Information
Market Analyst Software uses any information voluntarily given by our users to enhance the experience of our site, whether to provide interactive or personalized elements on the sites or to better prepare future content based on the interests of our users.
- As stated above, Market Analyst Software uses information that users voluntarily provide in order to send out electronic newsletters. We send out newsletters to subscribers on a regular schedule (depending on the newsletter), and occasionally send out special editions when we think subscribers might be particularly interested in something we are doing. Market Analyst Software never shares newsletter mailing lists with any third parties, including advertisers or partners.
- When we use tracking information to determine which areas of our sites users like and don’t like based on traffic to those areas. Market Analyst Software does not track what individual users read, but rather how well each page performs overall. This helps us continue to build a better service for you.
- We track search terms entered in our site search as one of many measures of what interests our users. But we don’t track which terms a particular user enters.
- Market Analyst Software creates aggregate reports on user demographics and traffic patterns for advertisers and partners. This allows our advertisers to advertise more effectively, and allows our users to receive advertisements that are pertinent to their needs.
3. Sharing of the Information
Market Analyst Software uses the above-described information to tailor our content to suit your needs and assist our advertisers to better understand our audience’s demographics. We do not share information about individual users with any third party.
Market Analyst Software does not control the practices of our advertisers. If you have questions about how one of our advertisers uses information about you when you click their ad and go to their content, please contact them directly. (Market Analyst Software will divulge information only as necessary to comply with state and federal laws.)
4. Correct/Update Policy
Market Analyst Software offers users the ability to correct or change the information collected during registration for any site (see above). This is done by contacting the Market Analyst Software Client Services Department
5. Delete/Deactivate Policy
Users may unsubscribe to any of our electronic newsletters at any time by following the instructions contained at the end of every newsletter.
Currently, Market Analyst Software does not offer users a means by which to completely delete personal information established at the time of registration for any site. This can only be done by calling our support center.
6. Credit Card Security
At Market Analyst International Pty Ltd we take the security of your payment information seriously. We are constantly reviewing our processes to ensure that security is maintained, best practices are followed and we are protecting you from unauthorized access to your private information.
Market Analyst International Pty Ltd does not store client credit cards on any server, log file, database or list. Credit card numbers can only be entered into our system on the secure portal.optuma.com website. Card details are then transmitted via encrypted connections to our clearing provider, eWay, for processing. For active subscriptions, card details are stored at eWay and a token system is used for subsequent billing. eWay is fully PCI complaint and meets all the requirements for the secure storage of credit card details.
All Market Analyst International Pty Ltd servers are maintained by our own staff. No third party has any access to our servers. Servers are constantly updated to ensure that all know security vulnerabilities are patched.