What’s New in Market Analyst 8
We never stand still. We’re continuously updating and improving every aspect of Market Analyst. Market Analyst 8 includes over 180 separate fixes, enhancements, and additions. It represents one of the most feature-rich updates we have ever released - and that was before we got the designers in and gave MA8 a brand new modern “skin”. With all updates, we aim to give you new features but not force any changes on you. You can take advantage of the new work or continue to use Market Analyst in the same way that you have always done. During the Setup processing, all your MA7 work will be copied to MA8 so that you can run both in tandem.
Click Here for Installation Instructions.
- Added new “White” colour scheme and “flattened” the Light and Dark colour schemes. The Light theme can also have charts displayed with a White background.
- Enhanced Security Selection
- Improved Script Editor
- Magnetic chart edges
- Multiple Workbook Save Locations
- Price Lock is “View Aware” (allows for views to be locked independently of price chart)
- Add Notes to Alerts
- Time Alerts
- Enhancements to the Gann Square of Nine chart
- Improved handling of partial 1/32nds in Treasury charts
- Improved Relative Comparison Chart, including “Year To Date” option
- Added “Log Adjust” to alert lines so that Trend Line alerts work on logarithmic scale
- Added “Short Data” notice in Structure Panel when a tool can not display because there is not enough data
- Ability to have Journal Notes on the left side of the chart and to pin it in place for printing
- For Seasonality charts a “Component” view has been added, making it possible to copy data to the clipboard (including astronomical seasonality)
- Added Help option on all tools
- Ability to adjust caption titles in indicator panels
- Ability to open Page Layouts from the ToolBar
- Signal Tester
- Create and submit Support Tickets via the Help menu
- Miscellaneous new features
- Candlestick Pattern Overlay
- Chart Pattern Overlay
- Choppiness Index
- Days Up
- Days Down
- Pivot Labels
- Correlation. (Plot selector and Plot 2 Offset)
- Number Searcher. (New Labels and a Scan plus ability to Project forward. Projections contribute to Time Clusters tool)
- VWAP & MVWAP for when intraday data is available. New Standard Deviation Channels have been added.
- Improved handling on Cycles Tool including cycle average zones.
- PSAR tool updated to project the next value.
- Bollinger, MACD, Oscillator , PSAR join Gann Fans and Gann Squares as being able to be used on Point & Figure and Swing Charts .
- RRG Enhancements
- Watchlist Enhancements
Astronomical (requires Astronomical tool group)
- Net Asset Value
- Sector Data
- Active Weight
- Support for fractional currencies (GBp vs GBP - Pence vs Pound)
- Added default Domestic & International Indices for RIC tool.
- Currency Lock
- Update multi-code charts from grouped watchlist (this is when you click on a group header, all multi-code charts such as RRG or column charts update with the members of the group. If there is a file associated with the group, eg an S&P Sector, then single code charts are updated with that).
New Scripting Functions
The following functions have been added and updated. For more detailed information and examples, click here .
- DU() and DD() - Days Up and Days Down
- PriceAtSignal() and ValueWhen()
- PVAL(): now able to return angles in Degrees and Radians
- Pivot() labels
- JDKRS(): New plot options for RRGs