The Jenkins Angle is a proprietary tool, developed by Michael Jenkins from Stock Cycles Forecast.
To add the tool to your chart, select the tool from the Jenkins tool group, and left-click on the bar on the chart you wish to calculate the tool from. Optuma will then draw the tool using the default settings.
Actions & Properties
Add to Toolbar: Adds the selected tool to your custom toolbar.
Apply Settings to All: When multiple Jenkins Angle tools have been applied to a chart, page or workbook, this action can be used to apply the settings of the one selected to other instances of the tool. This is a great time saver if an adjustment is made to the tool - such as line colour - as this allows all the other Jenkins Angle tools in the chart, page or entire workbook to be updated instantly.
Copy Tool: Allows you to copy the selected tool, which can then be pasted onto a different chart window.
Move to Back: If the tool is displaying in front of other tools or indicators clicking this action will move the tool view to the background.
Move to Front: If the tool is displaying behind other tools or indicators on the chart, clicking this action will bring the tool to the forefront.
Restore Default Settings: Click this action if you have adjusted the default settings of the tool, and wish to return to the standard properties originally installed with Optuma.
Save Settings as Default: If you have adjusted any of the tool’s properties (colour, for example) you can save the adjustments as your new default setting. Each time you apply a new Jenkins Angle to a chart, the tool will display using the new settings.
Delete: Deletes the tool from the chart.
Tool Name: Allows you to adjust the name of the tool, as it’s displayed in the Structure Panel.
Use Chart’s Price Unit: By default, the price unit of the chart is used in the tool calculation. Untick the box to manually adjust the value in the Price Unit property.
Price Unit: This option is available when the Use Chart’s Price Unit box is unticked (see above). Enter a new value to manually determine what one unit of price is equal to in the tool’s calculation (eg 0.1).
Levels: Adjust the number of Angle Lines (levels) displayed on the Jenkins Angle.
Show Square: When selected the Square lines will be displayed at each level.
Base Line Style: This option expands to show the following:
- Line Style - The Line Style property allows you to adjust the type of the base line displayed. There are 8 options available: Solid, Dots, Dash, Dash Dots, Long Dash, Long Dash Dot, Long Dash Dot Dot, Stippled.
- Line Width - Allows you to adjust the width of the line. Moving the slider bar to the right increases the thickness of the line.
- Line Colour - Allows you to select the colour of the line. Clicking on the drop down arrow will display a colour swatch. Locate the desired colour and left-click it once to select it.
- Transparency - Use this slider bar to adjust the transparency of the Level lines. Moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency of the tool.
- Visible - Un-tick this checkbox to hide the Base Line from the chart.
Square Line Style: Expands to display the line properties of the Square Line style. The properties are identical to those listed for the Base Line Style.
Tool Transparency: Use this slider bar to adjust the transparency of the tool. Moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency of the tool.
Visible: Un-tick this checkbox to hide the tool from the chart.
For more information on how to use the Jenkins Angle tool, click here.