DVAN Long Term
The DVAN Long Term tool is a cumulative velocity indicator showing the inflection points where longer term bullish/bearish bias changes in the underlying security. The blue line is the “hedge line” and the green line is the cumulative algo.
- Green above blue indicates a bullish bias
- Green below blue indicates a bearish bias
To add the tool to your chart, select the tool from the DVAN tool group, and left-click on the chart to add the tool. Optuma will then draw the tool in a window below the chart using the default settings.
Scripting Function: DVANLONGTERM()
Actions & Properties
Copy Data to Clipboard: Will copy the tool’s values to the clipboard which can then be inserted into a spreadsheet, for example, allowing for further analysis.
Add to Toolbar: Adds the selected tool to your custom toolbar.
Apply Settings to All: When multiple DVAN Long Term tools have been applied to a chart, page or workbook, this action can be used to apply the settings of the one selected to other instances of the tool. This is a great time saver if an adjustment is made to the tool - such as line colour - as this allows all the other DVAN Long Term tools in the chart, page or entire workbook to be updated instantly.
Copy Tool: Allows you to copy the selected tool, which can then be pasted onto a different chart window.
Move to Back: If the tool is displaying in front of other tools or indicators clicking this action will move the tool view to the background.
Move to Front: If the tool is displaying behind other tools or indicators on the chart, clicking this action will bring the tool to the forefront.
Restore Default Settings: Click this action if you have adjusted the default settings of the tool, and wish to return to the standard properties originally installed with Optuma.
Save Settings as Default: If you have adjusted any of the tool’s properties (colour, for example) you can save the adjustments as your new default setting. Each time you apply a new DVAN Long Term to a chart, the tool will display using the new settings.
Delete: Deletes the tool from the chart.
Tool Name: Allows you to adjust the name of the tool, as it’s displayed in the Structures Panel.
Algorithm Plot Style: Expands to display the following properties:
- Plot Style: Allows you to change how the tool is displayed on your chart. There are 6 options available: Line, Dot, Histogram, Step, Shaded, Shaded Step.
- Line Style: The Line Style property allows you to adjust the type of the line displayed. There are 8 options available: Solid, Dots, Dash, Dash Dots, Long Dash, Long Dash Dot, Long Dash Dot Dot and Stippled.
- Line Width: Allows you to adjust the width of the line. Moving the slider bar to the right increases the thickness of the line.
- Line Colour: Allows you to select the colour of the line. Clicking on the drop down arrow will display a colour swatch. Locate the desired colour and left-click it once to select it.
- Fill Up / Down Barrier: When the Plot Style is set to Shaded you are able to adjust the barrier value, the default value is 0.00.
- Fill Up Colour: When the Plot Style is set to Shaded you are then able to alter the Fill Colour for the tool.
- Fill Down Colour: When the Plot Style is set to Shaded you are then able to alter the Fill Colour for the tool.
- Fill Transparency: Use this slider bar to adjust the transparency of the shading. Moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency.
- Visible: - When deselected the Algorithm plot will not be displayed.
Hedgeline Plot Style: Expands to display the same property options as the Algorithm Plot Style.
Offset: Moves the tool forward or backwards in time. The offset is measured in bars, so a value of 2 will move the tool forward 2 bars and -2 will move the tool back 2 bars.
Tool Transparency: Use this slider bar to adjust the transparency of the tool. Moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency of the tool.
Visible: Un-tick this checkbox to hide the tool from the chart.
Show In Price Scale: When selected all plot values will be displayed in the Price Scale.