RSI and Averages
The RSI and Averages tool uses an RSI and two Moving Averages, which are calculated from the RSI and displayed in the same window as the RSI.
To add the tool to your chart, select the tool from the Brown tool group, and left-click on the chart to add the tool. Optuma will then draw the tool in a window below the chart using the default settings.
Scripting Function: RSIA()
Actions & Properties
Copy Data to Clipboard: Will copy the tool’s values to the clipboard which can then be inserted into a spreadsheet, for example, allowing for further analysis.
Add to Toolbar: Adds the selected tool to your custom toolbar.
Apply Settings to All: When multiple RSI & Averages tools have been applied to a chart, page or workbook, this action can be used to apply the settings of the one selected to other instances of the tool. This is a great time saver if an adjustment is made to the tool - such as line colour - as this allows all the other RSI & Averages tools in the chart, page or entire workbook to be updated instantly.
Copy Tool: Allows you to copy the selected tool, which can then be pasted onto a different chart window.
Move to Back: If the tool is displaying in front of other tools or indicators clicking this action will move the tool view to the background.
Move to Front: If the tool is displaying behind other tools or indicators on the chart, clicking this action will bring the tool to the forefront.
Restore Default Settings: Click this action if you have adjusted the default settings of the tool, and wish to return to the standard properties originally installed with Optuma.
Save Settings as Default: If you have adjusted any of the tool’s properties (colour, for example) you can save the adjustments as your new default setting. Each time you apply a new RSI & Averages to a chart, the tool will display using the new settings.
Delete: Deletes the tool from the chart.
Tool Name: Allows you to adjust the name of the tool, as it’s displayed in the Structure Panel.
Oscillator: This option expands to show the following:
- Plot Style - Allows you to change how the Oscillator is displayed on your chart. There are 6 options available: Line, Dot, Histogram, Step, Shaded, Shaded Step.
- Line Style - The Line Style property allows you to adjust the type of the line displayed. There are 8 options available: Solid, Dots, Dash, Dash Dots, Long Dash, Long Dash Dot, Long Dash Dot Dot and Stippled.
- Line Width - Allows you to adjust the width of the line. Moving the slider bar to the right increases the thickness of the line.
- Line Colour - Allows you to select the colour of the line. Clicking on the drop down arrow will display a colour swatch. Locate the desired colour and left-click it once to select it.
- Fill Up / Down Barrier - When the Plot Style is set to Shaded you are able to adjust the barrier value. The default value is 0.00.
- Fill Up Colour - When the Plot Style is set to Shaded you are then able to alter the Fill Colour for the tool.
- Fill Down Colour - When the Plot Style is set to Shaded you are then able to alter the Fill Colour for the tool.
- Transparency - When the Plot Style is set to Shaded you are then able to adjust the shading transparency. Moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency of the shading.
- Visible - Un-tick this checkbox to hide the Oscillator from the chart.
Fast Average: This option expands to show the properties of the Fast Average plot style. The properties are identical to those listed for the Oscillator.
Slow Average: This option expands to show the properties of the Slow Average plot style. The properties are identical to those listed for the Oscillator.
Offset: Moves the indicator forward or backwards in time. The offset is measured in bars so a value of 2 will push the Wilson Relative Price Channel forward 2 bars and -2 will move the RSI & Averages back 2 bars.
Tool Transparency: Use this slider bar to adjust the transparency of the tool. Moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency of the tool.
Visible: Un-tick this checkbox to hide the tool from the chart.
Show In Price Scale: When selected the current RSI & Averages value will be displayed in the Price Scale.