This section will help familiarise you with the layout of the charting screen.
1. Action Bar: The Action Bar allows quick access to various functions such as opening workbooks, applying templates and activating/deactivating utilities such as the price lock and grid. A description of each icon will pop up when it is moused over.
2. Page Tabs: Page Tabs allow you to navigate between the various charts you have opened.
3. Menus: Menu buttons are used to access most of the general functions available in Optuma. This includes opening charts, selecting tools and adjusting general settings.
4. Custom Toolbar: Tools, Templates and Actions you use on a regular basis can be added to the toolbar for faster access.
5. Control Panel: The Control Panel, displayed on the left-hand side of the chart, is the hub for all settings and actions performed on the object you currently have selected (such as a chart, tool, etc).
6. Structure Panel: Chart & Tool Layers are displayed within the Structure Panel. Layers can be hidden, moved or deleted via the Structure Panel.
7. Charting Window: All new charts will display here.
8. Page Controls: These icons allow you to search through workbooks, tile pages, and move through page tabs.
This video is pulled from the Optuma 101 course that you can access here. This course takes you through the basics of Optuma and helps you get up and running and using Optuma to its full potential. This video gives an overview of the Optuma screen layout and how you can use and adjust it to best suit your needs.