Bolton-Smith Colour Scheme
Dawn Bolton-Smith was the matriarch and pioneer of technical analysis in Australia, with a career spanning 43 years. Amongst many other accomplishments, Dawn successfully predicted the 1974 share crash and called the bottom of the market to within four points.
Sadly Dawn passed away in August 2017. If you would like more insight into Dawn’s work you can see a collection of her articles here.
As a long time supporter of Optuma, Dawn shared many ideas with us over the years, and we wanted to pay homage to Dawn’s lifetime dedication to technical analysis by including one of these ideas in Optuma.
The Bolton-Smith colour scheme is as follows:
The rules controlling each colour are:
- Green (Bull): High > Previous High and Low > Previous Low and Close > Previous Close
- Blue (Strong): High < Previous High and Low < Previous Low and Close > Previous Close
- Yellow (Inside): High < Previous High and Low > Previous Low
- Dark Orange (Weak): High > Previous High and Low > Previous Low and Close < Previous Close
- Red (Bear): High < Previous High and Low < Previous Low and Close < Previous Close
- White / Black: Bar meets none of the rules listed above (colour depends on which colour scheme the Optuma program is set to).