Progressions are a concept in Astrology where an aspect which occurs 3 days after a natal event will have an influence in the 3rd year. If the aspect lasted the whole day then its influence would be felt for the whole year, and if only part of the day, then only part of the year. The reader is encouraged search the internet for more information on the theory of progressions.
The Progressed Aspects tool in Optuma allows the user to select a start date and then view any near aspects as progressed.
To add the tool to your chart, select the tool from the Astro tool group, and left-click on the bar on the chart you wish to calculate the tool from. Optuma will then draw the tool using the default settings.
Actions & Properties
Copy Data to Clipboard: Will copy the tool’s values to the clipboard which can then be inserted into a spreadsheet, for example, allowing for further analysis.
Add to Toolbar: Adds the selected tool to your custom toolbar.
Apply Settings to All: When multiple Progressed Aspects tools have been applied to a chart, page or workbook, this action can be used to apply the settings of the one selected to other instances of the tool. This is a great time saver if an adjustment is made to the tool - such as line colour - as this allows all the other Progressed Aspects tools in the chart, page or entire workbook to be updated instantly.
Copy Tool: Allows you to copy the selected tool, which can then be pasted onto a different chart window.
Move to Back: If the tool is displaying in front of other tools or indicators clicking this action will move the tool view to the background.
Move to Front: If the tool is displaying behind other tools or indicators on the chart, clicking this action will bring the tool to the forefront.
Set Time Alert: Selecting this action will set a Time Alert at the value the Vertical Line is positioned.
Restore Default Settings: Click this action if you have adjusted the default settings of the tool, and wish to return to the standard properties originally installed with Optuma.
Save Settings as Default: If you have adjusted any of the tool’s properties (colour, for example) you can save the adjustments as your new default setting. Each time you apply a new Progressed Aspects to a chart, the tool will display using the new settings.
Delete: Deletes the tool from the chart.
Tool Name: Allows you to adjust the name of the tool, as it’s displayed in the Structure Panel.
Planets 1: Allows you to select the 1st Planets/planetary bodies.
Planets 2: Allows you to select the 2nd Planets/planetary bodies.
Aspects: Allows you to select the Aspects / Angles that the tool will display for the Progressed Aspects.
Exact Only: When selected only exact matches will be displayed. For example, if you set a 120 degree angle, only the exact angle of 120 degrees will generate a result, not other multiples such as 240.
Geo / Helio / Sidereal: This setting allows you to change the Progressed Aspects setting between GeoCentric, HelioCentric, and Sidereal.
Natal Date: Indicates the date the Progressed Aspects tool is calculated from.
Natal Time: Indicates the time the Progressed Aspects tool is calculated from.
GMT Offset: Use this option to adjust the Planetary Aspects time zone setting for a specific market. Select the required GMT setting and the Progressed Aspects will automatically update.
Coordinate Type: Select between Ecliptic (Longitude & Latitude) or Equatorial (Right Ascension & Declination).
Orb Properties: Expands to display the properties of the Orb, the following items can be adjusted:
- Show Orbs - Enables you to show or hide the orbs.
- Orb - This setting allows you to adjust the acceptable variance for the Progressed Aspects.
- Orb Transparency - Use this slider bar to adjust the transparency of the Orb. Moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency.
- Full-Size Height - Allows you to make the Orbs Full or Reduced sized.
- Orb Over All Views - When selected the Orb will extend the full length of the chart and will also extend to tools that are displayed in separate views, e.g. volume.
- Applying Orb - This allows you to display only the applying section of the Orb. This is defined as the part of the orb generated as the planet is moving into the exact aspect (line), the first half of a full orb.
Line Style: Expands to display the line properties for the Progressed Aspects lines. The following properties can be adjusted:
- Line Style - The Line Style property allows you to adjust the type of line displayed. There are 8 options available: Solid, Dots, Dash, Dash Dots, Long Dash, Long Dash Dot, Long Dash Dot Dot, Stippled.
- Line Width - Allows you to adjust the width of the line for the Progressed Aspects. Moving the slider bar to the right increases the thickness of the line.
- Line Colour - Allows you to adjust the colour of the Progressed Aspects.
- Transparency - Use this slider bar to adjust the transparency of the Progressed Aspects. Moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency.
Show Symbols: When selected the Progressed Aspects will be displayed on the chart.
Position: Use this option to adjust the position of the Progressed Aspects symbols. The following positions can be selected: High, Low, Top, Bottom or Floating.
Symbol Size: Allows you to adjust the size of the Progressed Aspects symbols. Moving the slider bar to the right increases the Symbol size.
Symbol Colour: Allows you to adjust the colour of the Progressed Aspects symbol colour.
Stack Symbols: When multiple Progressed Aspect symbols are added to a chart, this property allows you to stack them instead of having them appear in front of each other.
Tool Transparency: Use this slider bar to adjust the transparency of the tool. Moving the slider to the left will increase the transparency of the tool.
Visible: Un-tick this checkbox to hide the tool from the chart.