Display Issues - Video Drivers
From displaying standard bar charts, to RRGs and complex 3D charts, Optuma uses a number of advanced display settings. The majority of modern video cards support these advanced features, however, if video drivers are not up-to-date, problems can be encountered including:
- Random crashing
- Graphics distortions
- Sluggish response
- Inability to select charts or tools
- Login issues
In the majority of cases, these issues can be resolved by updating the video driver to the latest available version.
What Video Card Am I Running?
If you are unsure of the video card you are using you can find out by running through the following steps:
- Click on the Windows Start button.
- In the Search field type DXDIAG and press Enter
- If a prompt displays regarding WHQL Digital Signatures, click Yes
- In the window that opens, left click the Display (or Display 1) tab.
The Name and Manufacturer of your video card will be displayed along the top left of the diagnostic window.
- Make a note of the video card name and manufacturer and click the Exit button on the bottom right corner.
Updating the Video Driver
Once you have the name and manufacturer of your video card, go to the manufacturer’s website. See here for more info:
*Note: If you are using a laptop, you may need to go to the laptop manufacturer’s website.*
All major video card manufacturers have an auto detection utility for drivers which will determine the best driver to use for your system:
If you continue to encounter the issues, please submit a support ticket and provide as much detail as you can, including screenshots if possible.