Creating a Scan
The following article will outline how to create a new scan in Optuma. Click the Searches menu button and select Scanning Manager (or use the keyboard shortcut Alt+S) to open the Scanning Manager window, and then:
- Left-click the New button.
- Enter a name for the new scan.
To do this double left-click on New Scan and then type the desired name for your scan.
- Go to the Scan Criteria window and left-click the + icon once.
- The Add Criteria window will display:
At this point, you can start typing the name of the scan you are wanting to add or manually locate it from the list provided. Once you have located the desired scan left-click on it once to add it.
The scan is now displayed. To adjust any of the parameters of the scan, left-click on it once and each component will be displayed. As you roll your mouse over each scanning component, it will expand to display the individual parameters that you can then adjust.
- If the scan you wish to add is not displayed in the list of pre-computed scans, then in Optuma it is possible to create your own custom scan through the Script Editor. To access the Script Editor first left-click on the + icon from the Scan Criteria window. When the Add Criteria window displays, left-click on the New button.
- The Script Editor window now displays. The Script Editor allows you to create your own unique scan by entering the formula directly.
If there are additional criteria you wish to use in the scan, repeat Steps 3 to 8.
Once all criteria have been added, the scan is automatically saved and is ready to be used across a selected set of data.
This video is pulled from the Optuma 101 course that you can access here . This course takes you through the basics of Optuma and helps you get up and running and using Optuma to its full potential. In this video, Darren Hawkins, MSTA, will take you through the Scanning Manager and how to use it to scan for any signal you may choose.