IQFeed Troubleshooting - Windows Security (Real Time)
The Windows inbuilt Security system for Windows 10 includes a real-time monitoring component that can slow down the Optuma / IQFeed connection.
Add Optuma and IQFeed as Exclusions from the real-time protection process.
- Close Optuma and IQFeed
- Click on the Windows start button and search for Windows Security. Click on the option that is found.
- In the window that displays left click the Virus & Threat Protection shield icon.
- In the window that opens, scroll down to the Virus & Threat Protection Settings and click the Manage Settings link.
- In the window that opens, scroll down to the Exclusions section and click the Add or Remove Exclusions link.
- In the window that opens click the Add an Exclusion button and select Folder from the drop down menu.
- Select the Optuma program folder, by default this will be:
- Repeat Step 6 and add the following folder paths:
- My Documents\Optuma\
- C:\Program Files (x86)\DTN\IQFeed\
Note: ProgramData can be hidden by Windows.
Once this has been completed all four Optuma folders should appear in the Windows Security page:
Close back to the Desktop and restart the system to complete the process.